Tuition rates for 2017-2018 will be increased to reflect the increased cost of education. The revised rates will be distributed to applicants in June 2017. For information purposes only, the tuition fees for 2016-2017 were as follows:
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D|
|Basic Fees by
Sept. 5 and
Sept. 5 and the
1st or 15th of
$2,805 x 2
$566 x 10
$3,580 x 2
$721 x 10
$5,465 x 2
$1,098 x 10
* Parent or student must be a member of a Westgate Supporting Congregation Church.
Westgate accepts tuition payment by pre-authorized debit, cash & cheque/money order.
- Pre–Authorized Debits/Withdrawals
If choosing either deferred payment plans C or D, you must complete the enclosed
- yellow Authorization for Pre- Authorized Debits form and attach a voided cheque.
- Submit to Westgate no later than July 21st, 2017.
- WE REQUIRE A NEW SIGNED FORM EACH YEAR, EVEN IF YOU HAVE FILLED OUT IN PREVIOUS YEARS.
- Cash – please go to the Accounting Department for a receipt when making a cash payment.
- Cheques/Money Orders – made payable to Westgate Mennonite Collegiate.
- Please include who the payment is for if payment is coming from a third party, the parents name should be the memo. If payment is from the parents, please make the note “tuition” in the memo section
Post-dated cheques are accepted for the second payment of Plan C or any payment of Plan D as long as it falls within the correct time period.
The $200 acceptance fee submitted at the time of your application is applied towards the first payment of tuition.
Payment plans C & D are available to all new applicants and returning students but is conditional on keeping your account in good standing and may be revoked at the discretion of the school.
If payments are not made on time, the school reserves the right to charge 1.5% interest per month on late payments.
Tuition/Gift receipting is done in February 2018.
All Inclusive Tuition
Tuition fees are intended to include all aspects of the regular program at Westgate including classroom and other school-sponsored student activities.
Additional costs would include:
- Uniforms ($60 for Grade 6, $110.00 for JR, $120.00 for SR complete uniforms). A sale for new and used uniforms takes place within the first few weeks of the school year.
- Band instrument rentals ($175.00 first instrument & $100.00 for a second, to take home). Students can also rent from outside sources.
- Private music instruction
- Study tours and student exchanges (variable)
- Voluntary special activities (variable)
- graphing calculator
- Senior Alternative Eduction Activities
- Unreturned textbooks, outstanding library fines, lost agenda books or locks, etc
Please do not include payment of these things with your tuition at this time. More information on these and other activities will be available as soon as possible.
Families with more than one student at Westgate receive a reduction (per family) in tuition fees of:
- Two students – $ 400 tuition reduction
- Three students – $ 800 tuition reduction
- Four students – $1,200 tuition reduction
In an agreement between Westgate and WMEMS, families with one or more students in each school receive an additional tuition reduction of $150 at each school.
Westgate’s goal is to provide generous bursary assistance so that students are not prevented from attending due to financial reasons. The deadline for bursary applications is May 15th, 2017. They are reviewed by the Bursary Committee and held in the strictest of confidence. All applications are processed by June 30th, 2017 and the applicants will be advised by letter of the committee’s decision.
Should you require further details, please contact the school office or the Business Manager – Debbie Watson at 775-7111 ext 211
Non-Payment of Tuition
If tuition and fees are not paid. Westgate reserves the right to withhold admission until satisfactory arrangements have been made.
- Interest will be charged on late payments at 1.5% per month.
- Returned payments (NSF’s) will be charged a $25 fee.
- Student re-enrollment in each school year is conditional on having paid your account from the previous year.
Extenuating circumstances may warrant extended payment terms at which time a written agreement is reached and signed. If a payment is not going to be on time, please make sure to contact the Business Manager to discuss options.
Should a student withdraw during the school year, tuition is charged to the end of the month of withdrawal. Tuition beyond that will be refunded within 10 business days of the last day of class. The Application Fee and Acceptance Fee are non- refundable.
Charitable Donation Receipts
A charitable donation receipt will be issued for tuition paid in excess of the operating cost per student of the academic program. this represents the religious studies portion of fees paid. Receipts are issued and mailed out for the previous calendar year no later than February 28, 2018.
** Note: If you have chosen Plan C and would like your second installment made before the end of the calendar year, please contact the Accounting Department prior to December 15, 2017 to make these arrangements. The amount of the donation receipt is calculated on payments made in the calendar year, not the school year.
Tuition Fees and the above policies are set annually by the Westgate Mennonite Collegiate Board and announced in May of each year for the following school year.
Westgate values your privacy and commits to safeguarding all your personal information.
Please view our complete Privacy Protection Policy