Striving for Academic Excellence:
Westgate strives to provide an academic environment which encourages academic excellence within the context of our Anabaptist faith. Westgate will:
- offer a program of academic excellence recognized by both Manitoba Education and institutions of higher learning.
- inspire academic achievement in order to broaden, enrich and challenge students’ learning and worldview.
- enrich classroom learning with diverse extra-curricular opportunities for participation and leadership development.
- enable students to weigh educational, life-style, vocational and voluntary service choices that offer healing and hope in our world.
Living Lives of Faith and Discipleship:
Westgate strives to provide an environment that encourages students to explore, understand and claim their own faith in Jesus Christ. Westgate will:
- partner with the families and local Mennonite Church Manitoba congregations in the mission of Christian education.
- teach the Bible as the story of God’s relationship with us and encourage students to participate in this story and to choose the way of Jesus in daily life.
- lead students to understand, appreciate and identify with people of faith throughout history, with emphasis on the Anabaptist witness of faithful discipleship and service.
- encourage students to belong to and actively participate in their local churches and provide opportunities for students to be involved in service, both locally and globally.
- equip students to discern values in the world in order to responsibly participate and lead in their church, community and global society.
Sustaining a Nurturing Community:
Westgate will provide a safe, nurturing community where every student is included and encouraged to explore their gifts and find places of involvement and belonging. Westgate will:
- foster a stimulating and safe school environment where students, faculty and staff reconcile individual freedom with mutual accountability and learn a wholesome respect for self and others.
- help to develop respectful and ethical relationships, where each person is valued and where we are accountable for our actions, decisions and behaviours.
- encourage and affirm students to do their very best, whether in academics, leadership, service, athletics, music or the arts.
- give students the direction and the grace they need to succeed.
- be a safe and inclusive space for all of our student.
The education of children is a shared responsibility of the school, the home and the church. Parents and teachers are partners in this endeavour and work together with mutual respect and support.
Serving Our Wider Community :
Westgate strives to promote healthy relationships between our school and the local and wider community. To that end, Westgate will:
- foster opportunities for students and teachers to give back to the local community.
- inform and invite participation from the community in Westgate events.
- encourage interaction through drama, athletics, music and service.
- encourage healthy living.
- encourage global awareness, working toward fairness and equality in the world.
- teach students to be generous stewards of their time and resources, and to respect the earth and value creation.