- If choosing payment Plan D, you must COMPLETE the 2020-2021 Authorization for Debit Form & attach a VOIDED cheque.
- Please Note: We require a New SIGNED Form EACH year, even if we have authorization from a prior year.
- Submit to Westgate no later than July 17th 2020.
- Cash – please go to the Accounting Department for a receipt when making a cash payment.
- Cheques/Money Orders – made payable to Westgate Mennonite Collegiate.
- Please include which Student(s) the payment is for & “Tuition” in the memo section.
- If not already indicated… the Parents Name(s) should also be in the memo.
- Post-dated Cheques are accepted for the second payment of Plan C or any payment of Plan D as long as it falls within the correct time period.
The $200 acceptance fee submitted at the time of your application is applied towards the first payment of tuition.
Payment plans C & D are available to all new applicants and returning students but is conditional on keeping your account in good standing and may be revoked at the discretion of the school.
If payments are not made on time, the school reserves the right to charge 1.5% interest per month on late payments.
Tuition/Gift receipting is done in February 2021.
All Inclusive Tuition
Westgate’s tuition fees are intended to include all aspects of the regular program which includes classroom and other school-sponsored student activities. Student Council fees, lockers, yearbooks, Grade 9 retreat, graduation, camping, Ski trip, sports tournaments, Music Tour, DNTT activities etc are all included in tuition.
Additional cost not included in the tuition would include but are not limited to:
- Uniforms – Junior Students: $12 for Westgate-logo T-shirt, $40 vest. Senior Students – $40 vest. A sale for new and used uniforms takes place within the first few weeks of the school year.
- Band instrument rentals ($200.00 first instrument & $125.00 for a second, to take home). Students can also rent from outside sources.
- Private music instruction
- Study tours and student exchanges (variable)
- Voluntary special activities (variable)
- Driver’s Education
- Senior Alternative Education Activities
- Unreturned textbooks, outstanding library fines, lost agenda books or locks, etc
Please do not include payment of these things with your tuition at this time. More information on these and other activities will be available as soon as possible.
Families with more than one student at Westgate receive a reduction (per family) in tuition fees of:
- Two students – $400 tuition reduction
- Three plus students – $800 tuition reduction
In an agreement between Westgate and WMEMS, families with one or more students in each school receive an additional tuition reduction of $150.00 at each school.
Bursaries Westgate’s goal is to provide generous bursary assistance so that students are not prevented from attending due to financial reasons. The deadline for bursary applications for the 2019-2020 school year is May 15th, 2020.They are reviewed by the Bursary Committee and held in the strictest of confidence. All applications are processed by June 30th, 2020 and the applicants will be advised by letter of the committee’s decision.Should you require further details, please contact the school office or the Business Manager – Debbie Watson at 775-7111 ext 211
Non-Payment of Tuition If tuition and fees are not paid. Westgate reserves the right to withhold admission until satisfactory arrangements have been made.
- Interest will be charged on late payments at 1.5% per month.
- Returned payments (NSF’s) will be charged a $25 fee.
- Student re-enrollment in each school year is conditional on having paid your account from the previous year.
Extenuating circumstances may warrant extended payment terms at which time a written agreement is reached and signed. If a payment is not going to be on time, please make sure to contact the Business Manager to discuss options.
Refunds Should a student withdraw during the school year, tuition is charged to the end of the month of withdrawal. Tuition beyond that will be refunded within 10 business days of the last day of class. The Application Fee and Acceptance Fee are non- refundable.
Charitable Donation Receipts A charitable donation receipt will be issued for tuition paid in excess of the operating cost per student of the academic program. this represents the religious studies portion of fees paid. Receipts are issued and mailed out for the previous calendar year no later than February 28, 2021.
** Note: If you have chosen Plan C and would like your second installment made before the end of the calendar year, please contact the Accounting Department prior to December 15, 2020 to make these arrangements. The amount of the donation receipt is calculated on payments made in the calendar year, not the school year.Tuition Fees and the above policies are set annually by the Westgate Mennonite Collegiate Board and announced in May of each year for the following school year.
Westgate values your privacy and commits to safeguarding all your personal information.
Please view our complete Privacy Protection Policy